- Mid prices
- Last items
- Mandaï Gift Vouchers
Sign in or Register.
ZËro @ Café Central
Moe @ Magasin 4
Ed Wood Jr. @ Bear Rock Festival
Seno Nudo @ Bear Rock Festival
Jesus Is My Son @ Musée de la Vie Wallone
Bayacomputer @ Rock Zerkegem
|More concerts ...
The Thing's new album and Peter Brötzmann's reedition are shipping now !
Shipping the Oiseaux-Tempête new record right now !
Let's Kickstarter the new Koenji album ! All infos on our Facebook page !
Peter Kernel "Thrill Addict" is now out of print in 2xLP - We still have some CD's left
|More news ...
Bonjour ! très très satisfait, toujour...
|More feedbacks ...
| V/A |
Dr Boogie presents Bear Traces: Nuggets from Bob's Barn
Label : Sub Rosa
Year : 2011
Format : CD
Style : Blues
Availability : In stock
Price : 13.50 € - BUY
|Description :||Although it stems from the same artistic process as Volume One in the 'Doctor Boogie presents' series, this is not Volume Two of a series devoted to Bob Hite. The process WAS different in that here I focused on much more obscure tracks taken from the very small portion of what remains of the collection of 78rpms owned by the late and legendary Bob Hite. The collection of this boogie music ogre reached 20,000 78rpms in 1968. However, toward the end of his life, Hite was forced to sell chunks of his treasure to pay off debts, and the leftovers were literally pillaged after his death. Canned Heat's drummer Fito de la Para managed to salvage a tiny slice of this collection. The first compilation album devoted to Bob Hite's records focused on a handful of Blues giants, including six titles from Elmore James' repertoire. Here, since there will be no sequel, I decided to pack as much music as I could on 2 LPS vinyl (first one / Paw 1 gonna be released early Sept and the second one late October / Paw 2). I didn't want to alter the dynamics of these fabulous 78rpms, so I opted for only a very light mastering, keeping the inevitable audio defects, artifacts and surface noise occasionally heard on the tracks that were more damaged. |
Bob 'The Bear' Hite was a crucial part of the West Coast Blues revival of the late 60's. Along with fellow musicologist Alan 'Blind Owl' Wilson, he helped formed the first incarnation of the legendary Canned Heat as a jug band. Their performances at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival and the 1969 Woodstock Festival put them on the map as true bluesmen seeking to revitalize an art form. Hite toured nonstop with Canned Heat and performed as the group's barrel-housing lead singer until his death of a heart attack on April 5, 1981. He helped revitalize the careers of John Lee Hooker, Sunnyland Slim and Albert Collins, and produced the now legendary Hooker and Heat double album in 1971. Hite is most remembered for his endless on-stage boogie jams. Enjoy this burning selection and most of all... DON'T FORGET TO BOOGIE!
|Titles :||01. LENNY DEE PLANTATION BOOGIE |
02. JOE LIGGINS & the Honeydrippers DRIPPER'S BOOGIE
03. RED PRYSOCK CHOP SUEY
04. PAUL GAYTEN DRIVIN'HOME part ONE
05. GEORGE JACKSON HOLD ME
06. THE CHUCK MILLER TRIO HOPAHULA BOOGIE
07. DANNY OVERBEA & his Combo TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN
08. PRESTON LOVE ALI BABA's BOOGIES
09. LIGHTNIN' HOPKINS MOVE ON OUT BOOGIE
10. NAPPY BROWN LOVE BABY
11. CHRIS COLUMBO & his Swingin Gentlemen OH YEAH
12. JIMMY FORREST HEY Mrs JONES
13. JOHNNIE 'the gash' GRAY TEQUILA
14. THE DIAMONDS KA DING DONG
15. WILLARD McDANIEL BABY BE GOOD
16. KID KING'S COMBO MAMBINO
17. MIKE GORDON WHY DON'T YOU DO RIGHT
18. H BOMB FERGUSON BOOKIE'S BLUES
19. RUFUS GORE BIG ENDS
20. HUEY PIANO SMITH WE LIKE MAMBO
21. WAYMON BROWN BAREFOOT SUSIE
22. PROFESSOR ALEX BRADFORD WHAT DID JOHN DO?
23. BIRD COLLINS ALL I WANNA DO
24. PAUL WILLIAMS & the Hucklebuckers SINNER'S HOP
25. MUVVA 'guitar' HUBBARD CONGO MOMBO
26. FRANKIE LEE SIMS DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON ME
27. WYNONIE HARRIS GREYHOUND
28. JULIAN DASH SEPTET DASHIN'IN
29. RALPH WILSON QUINTET ROY'S BOOGIE
30. TAPS MILLER MANNEKE PIS BOOGIE
31. THE RAVENS ROOSTER
32. BOB HITE about 78's