- Mid prices
- Last items
- Mandaï Gift Vouchers
Sign in or Register.
Delwood @ Parc de la Boverie
Delwood @ le Champs des Possibles
Baby Fire @ Magasin 4
Camilla Sparksss @ Deep in the Wodds
Nourry, Clement @ Le Botanique
Solah @ Café Central
|More concerts ...
20 years of activity !
Skin Graft records restock has arrived.
New releases are in stock !
SOLAH "Ballades" CD is in stock
|More news ...
Mandai delivers fast the finest indie an...
g... (Russian Federation)
High! Everything was fast and very good!...
Comme d'habitude, très bons prix p...
|More feedbacks ...
| PALERMO, ED BIG BAND |
The Great Un-American Songbook, Volumes I & II
Label : Cuneiform Records
Year : 2017
Format : 2xCD
Style : Jazz
Availability : In stock
Price : 19.70 € - BUY
|Description :||The Ed Palermo Big Band has been in existence for 30 years and many of the musicians in the 18 piece ensemble have been with him for decades and decades! |
Since the early 90s, Ed Palermo has earned an avid international following with his brilliantly executed, reverently irreverent arrangements of Frank Zappa's tempestuous and wildly inventive music as found on four previous, best-selling releases on Cuneiform.
To mix things up and do something a bit different, on this release, Ed and the band decided to visit some of the great rock music from England, mostly from the 60s and early 70s, but also including music from today as well.
He turns his big band loose like it's playing one of its regular, packed gigs. Exploring an expansive array of moods and material, but all with a thematic tie, the band delivers an audaciously entertaining program that's full of surprises.
This release, with its program of great, much-loved, classic rock material, has huge cross-over potential to an audience that isn't primarily a jazz audience and Cuneiform will be servicing over 600 radio stations and magazines with this release.
ED PALERMO - leader, arranger, alto sax / KATIE JACOBY - electric violin / STEVE JANKOWSKI - trumpet / JOHN BAILEY - trumpet / RONNIE BUTTACAVOLI - lead trumpet / CHARLEY GORDON - lead trombone / MICHAEL BOSCHEN - trombone / MATT INGMAN - bass trombone / BILL STRAUB - lead tenor sax, flute, clarinet / BEN KONO - 2nd tenor sax, flute, oboe / CLIFF LYONS - lead alto sax, clarinet / PHIL CHESTER - 2nd alto sax, flute, piccolo, soprano sax / BARBARA CIFELLI - baritone sax, clarinet / BRUCE McDANIEL - guitar, vocals / BOB QUARANTA - acoustic piano / TED KOOSHIAN - electric keyboards / PAUL ADAMY - electric bass / RAY MARCHICA - drums
- FOR FANS OF - Carla Bley Very Big Band / Either/Orchestra / Gil Evans / John Hollenbeck Large Ensemble / Maria Schneider / Frank Zappa
|Titles :||Volume I (CD one) [song title – original performer] |
01. Good Morning, Good Morning (*The Beatles*)
02. Open Up Said The World At The Door (*The Move*)
03. We Love You (*The Rolling Stones*)
04. Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles)
05. Definitely Maybe (*Jeff Beck*)
06. As You Said (*Cream*)
07. Lark's Tongues In Aspic, Part Two (*King Crimson*)
08. 21st Century Schizoid Man (King Crimson)
09. Send Your Son To Die (*Blodwyn Pig*)
10. Edward, The Mad Shirt Grinder (*Nicky Hopkins with Quicksilver Messenger Service*)
Volume II (CD two) [song title – original performer]
01. America / American Idiot (*The Nice*, *Green Day*)
02. Beggar's Farm (*Jethro Tull*)
03. Bitches Crystal (*Emerson, Lake and Palmer*)
04. Wreck Of The Hesperus (*Procol Harum*)
05. Diamond Dust (Jeff Beck)
06. The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys (*Traffic*)
07. Fire (*The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown*)
08. The Tourist (*Radiohead*)
09. Don't Bother Me (The Beatles) / Nardis (*Miles Davis*) / Don't Bother Me (reprise) (The Beatles)
10. I Wanna Be Your Man (The Beatles)
11. Goodnight (The Beatles)