- Mid prices
- Last items
- Mandaï Gift Vouchers
Sign in or Register.
Tzii @ Magasin 4
Francky Goes To Pointe A Pitre @ KulturA
Mambo @ KulturA
It It Anita @ N9
Slugs, Les @ Magasin 4
Francky Goes To Pointe A Pitre @ Le Barboteur
|More concerts ...
New releases by Skin Graft Records are up to be pre-ordered !
Website updated, and new items are now available / back available !
New releases are in !
Working on new releases
|More news ...
Tout est nikel...A bientôt j'espè...
Service excellent !! Merci de nous servi...
Excellent transaction ... A pleasure to ...
|More feedbacks ...
| V/A |
An anthology of noise & electronic music volume 2
Label : Sub Rosa
Year : 2003
Format : 2xCD
Style : Experimental / Noise
Availability : In stock
Price : 18.10 € - BUY
|Description :||The second volume of seven published from 2001 to 2011, curated, noted and edited by Guy Marc Hinant.
Slow explorations of the past and the present... Given the present system of production there are reasons, some of them identifiable, why only a few names emerge in each period. There may also be a preference for concentrating information rather than letting it pile up in disordered fashion. Over the past 40 years the same ten electronic music composers get mentioned again and again (including in music dictionaries and histories). Yet behind them are many other names. Who are they? Second-raters? Not necessarily. For we then need to define the concept of top-rate (rated by who, and on what criteria?) and second-rate or minor artist. Great pleasure can be derived from the works of minor artists. The case of Tod Dockstader is instructive: when 'for lack of academic qualifications' he was denied access to the electronic music facilities he needed, was there not great beauty in the pieces he nevertheless created and in his determination to make music without those facilities? His name was never seen on the labels of top record companies. But he influenced quite a few people - Richard James quoted him, and others then referred to his work. Some of his records were reissued, and what one could call the rehabilitation process continues. The same applies to many other composers. All such stories spell a passion for music, and weave myth.
|Titles :||01. Vladimir Ussachevsky + Otto Luening - Incantation for tape 2:36 / 1953 |
02. Luc Ferrari - Visage V 10:36 / 1958
03. Tod Dockstader - Aerial > Song 12:56 / 2002
04. Johanna M. Beyer - Music of the spheres 6:00 / 1938
05. Morton Subotnick - Mandolin 7:02 / 1962
06. Daphne Oram - Four aspects 8:14 / 1960
07. Scanner - Emily 4:53 / 1993
08. Hugh Davies Quintet - untitled 12:11 / 1967
09. Alan R. Splet - Space travel w/ Changing Choral Textures 4:04 / 1980
10. Kim Cascone - Zephirum scan 4:49 / 2002
11. Autechre - Bronchus one.1 6:04 / 1991
12. Multiphonic Ensemble - On/Off edit 9:10 / 2001
13. Meira Asher + Guy Harries - Torture / Bodyparts 3:42 / 2001
14. Choose / Lasse Steen Purzuit - ov noize 5:36 / 1994
15. Woody McBride - Pulp 6:11 / 1993
16. Arcane Device - Lathe 5:56 / 1988
17. Laibach - Industrial ambients 9:58 / 1980
18. SPK - Slogun 6:15 / 1979
19. Percy Grainger - Free music #1 (for four theremins) 1:28 / 1936
20. Sun Ra And The Arkestra - Imagination 2:00 / 1965
21. Captain Beefheart - She's too much for my mirror/ my human gets me Blues 5:21 / 1969